Monday, April 26, 2010
20 Things for my 20th Birthday
Now that I'm no longer a teen I have some things to say. I hope that you would read & enjoy.
1. Always stay grounded. No matter how good your life is don't forget what made you who you are because everything could be taken away from you in a split second.
2. Never hesitate to tell the person you love that you "love them" because you never know what may happen.
3. Never ever let a past relationship make you scared to fall in love. You might find your fairytale when you least expect it.
4. Don't mix brown and black. I really hate that ish. lol
5. Get a twitter. Trust me you will have things to say.
6. Put God first and your life will be sweeter.
7. If you are going to go to Howard realize that you will have to grind. This school is a life lesson. Yeah, you get an education, but that's not the greatest thing you receive here.
8. You only live once. Remember that.
9. Be loyal. Karma is a high blower when you do the wrong things.
10. Work hard, but play harder. You never want to spend your whole life working. It's meant to be enjoyed.
11.Life is about making things happen. Things will go wrong, but you gotta make things happen. Your life is only gonna turn out the way you allow it.
12. It's not about finding the perfect man that does no wrong. It's about finding the right one that you can grow with.
13.Everyone makes mistakes. It's about learning from them so they wont be mistakes, they'll be learning experiences.
14. Never do anything that you don't want to do. It's your life you don't have to please everyone.
15. You can do whatever you please. It's just about putting the work in to make it happen.
16. Everyone needs some alone time. Don't allow others to drain you out.
17. Your homegirls and you man do not need to be best of friends.
18. Trust is to be earned not given.
19. Things have to get bad sometimes, so you can appreciate the good.
20. Believe in yourself no matter what anyone says. If you don't believe in yourself who will?